So last night we made the Zucchini chips from Autumns book Fixate. I not only used that recipe for the zucchini but I made the sweet potatoes version as well. (I love sweet potatoes/yams)
In my experience you will need to use a mandolin slicer but I would suggest the thicker cut than the thin. Jill and I used the thin and they just became too burnt and ended up being kind of bitter. The sweet potatoes cooked up well with the thin slice so I recommend that for the tuber version.
The recipe is easy to follow , here it is:
- 2 large Zucchini sliced very thin
- 1 Tbsp Olive oil
- 1/2 tap salt
- Pre-heat the oven to 250 F
- Place zucchini slices in one layer between payer towels to draw out water
- Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper
- Place zucchini slices on baking sheet
- Brush or spray with olive oil
- Salt to taste
- Bake for 2 hours or until golden brown
- Allow to cool completely before eating
Now I followed the same MO for the sweet potato version and I think they taste better.
The 21 day fix daily container equivalents are 1 green and 1/2 tbsp for the zucchini, and 1/2 yellow for the sweet potato.
I’m sure there is a bit of practice involved here but I will not be making the Zucchini ones any time again soon. Please tell me your experience with this recipe , I would love to hear it.