Mediterranean Turkey Burgers
Total Time: 30 min.
Prep Time: 20 min.
Cooking Time: 10 min.
Yield: 6 servings
¾ cup reduced-fat (2%) Greek yogurt
2 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped, divided use
¼ tsp. dried dill weed
1½ lbs. 93% lean ground turkey
1 medium red onion, thinly slice half, finely chop half, divided use
¼ cup finely chopped sun-dried tomatoes
2 oz. frozen spinach, thawed, squeeze out liquid using a kitchen towel, chopped
6 Tbsp. crumbled feta cheese
1 tsp. dried oregano
½ cup whole grain bread crumbs
1 large egg
Sea salt and ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
1 cooked medium beet, sliced thin
¼ medium cucumber, sliced thin
1. To make yogurt sauce, combine yogurt, lemon juice, 1 clove garlic, and dill in a small bowl; mix well. Refrigerate, covered, until needed.
2. Preheat grill or broiler to high.
3. Combine turkey, chopped onion, sun-dried tomatoes, spinach, cheese, remaining 1 clove garlic, oregano, bread crumbs, and egg in a medium bowl. Season with salt and pepper if desired; mix well with clean hands. Form turkey mixture evenly into six patties.
4. Grill or broil patties for about 5 minutes on each side, or until no longer pink in the middle.
5. Serve patties topped evenly with yogurt sauce, onion slices, beet, and cucumber.