(I saw this and had to share)
Try something new for your next dinner party, and bring out these stunning turkey bacon wrapped scallops. Crispy on the outside and tender on the inside, they look like an artisanal appetizer…just don’t spill the secret about how easy they are to make! Using turkey bacon keeps them lean and low in calories. Just add a few dashes of spice and watch them fly off the table.
Total Time: 31 min.
Prep Time: 15 min.
Cooking Time: 16 min.
Yield: 2 servings
8 medium scallops (about 1 oz. each)
Nonstick cooking spray
1 dash cayenne pepper (or paprika) (to taste; optional)
Ground black pepper (to taste; optional)
4 slices nitrite-free turkey bacon, cut in half crosswise
1. Preheat oven to 350° F.
2. Line a baking sheet with foil. Coat lightly with spray. Set aside.
3. Pat scallops dry with a paper towel. Season with cayenne pepper and black pepper if desired.
4. Wrap each scallop tightly with bacon. Secure with a toothpick.
5. Arrange scallops on baking sheet so that they are not touching.
6. Bake for about 12 to 16 minutes, or until scallops are opaque and bacon is crisp.
7. Remove toothpicks before serving.
Want more Recipes like this?